July 3, 2009

God Bless...


A friend pointed out this new Bible to me a couple of weeks ago, and I've been holding on to it mentally for this weekend. Here's the publisher's description of this Bible:

THE ONE BIBLE THAT SHOWS HOW ‘A LIGHT FROM ABOVE’ SHAPED OUR NATION. Never has a version of the Bible targeted the spiritual needs of those who love our country more than The American Patriot’s Bible. This extremely unique Bible shows how the history of the United States connects the people and events of the Bible to our lives in a modern world. The story of the United States is wonderfully woven into the teachings of the Bible and includes a beautiful full-color family record section, memorable images from our nation’s history and hundreds of enlightening articles which complement the New King James Version Bible text.

America is a blessed nation, but America is not the Kingdom of God. America is home to me and my family and millions of others, but America is not the home that I long for in my dreams. I think Tony Campolo best said it:
I love America.
I believe it to be the best Babylon on the face of the earth.
But it is still Babylon.
So...
God bless China.
God bless Iraq.
God bless Iran.
God bless Afghanistan.
God bless Mexico.
God bless Canada.
God bless Uzbekistan.
God bless Brazil.
God bless Cuba.
God bless Kenya.
God bless Sudan.
God bless Swaziland.
God bless Nepal.
God bless Honduras.
God bless Jamaica.
God bless India.
God bless Pakistan.
God bless Uganda.
God bless Australia.
God bless New Zealand.
God bless France.
God bless Ireland.
God bless Russia.
God bless Germany.

May we learn to fervently pray for, hope for, and work towards justice, peace, and love for all people.

No comments: